This is a card I made for my father-in-law for his birthday. I made something very similar to it for Christmas at a Stampin' Up class that I went to with my mom. It is a gift card holder.
* Start with a piece of paper 8" x 4"
* Then score it in half to make it 4"x4"
* For the top cut another piece of paper (I used the same color) 4.25" x 3"
* Score in half to make it 4.25" x 1.5"
* Cut a piece of pattern paper 3.75" x 3.75"
* Cut another piece of paper paper 4" x 1.25"
(both of my pattern papers came from a multi-pack I got for Christmas - don't know the brand though)
* Apply glue to the side edges only of the card base so that you will be able to slide the gift card in and out.
* Also apply glue to the back of the base to attach the top flap.
* To make it easier to get the gift card in and out, I glued it to a 3.5" x 3" piece of cardstock (I forgot to get a picture with that part in the card. It was blue!)
For the finishing touches I added a bow cut from Create-a-Critter at 5.25", 4.75", & 4.25". I cut the ribbon part of the bow off. Then I glued them together and the whole thing between the pattern paper and the cardstock. I also added a button and a gem. I had intended to add some glitter to at least the bow. Long story short... I had to have a very minor surgery last week and boy was my doctor wrong about being able to return to my normal activities the next day! Five days later and I still can't do everything I want. So I didn't have as much time to sparkle it up as I would have liked to. Finally, I added a Happy Birthday tag (the stamp is from TCP Studio).
As always, I'd love to hear what you think! I hope to have another project up in a few days. Also, I'm going to be in another blog hop on July 22nd-24th. It is Christmas in July! I love Christmas cards so I am super excited!!! I will have some wonderful holiday blog candy, as I am sure others will too :) *~*Thanks for Stopping by*~*
I'm linking this up to: