My First Easel Card

Saturday, April 16, 2011

I finally made my first easel card!  I've wanted to make one of these for so long.  This card was for a wedding I went to today. It was for the same couple that I made the bridal shower card for a couple of weeks ago.   I found the directions at Robin's Craftroom. It was super easy to make!
 I decided to use vellum again (on the veil).  I cut shadow of the veil in white cardstock and then I cut the layer out in vellum. I only put a small dot of glue on the very tip of the veil so it would stick out a little from the cardstock.  This cut was hard because the cartridge only has four total cuts for it.  It has the bride/groom and the veil.  Each has a cut and the shadow to go with it, there are no layering options.  Therefore, I had to cut the bride/groom twice (once in black and once in white) and then cut the dress out separately and glue it to the black.  I think it turned out really well in the end. The designer paper is from The Paper Studio. The flowers are from the wedding department at Hobby Lobby.  They came in a bunch of about 10 and originally had metal stems.  The silver ribbon is from Wal-Mart. I also used some gems to add some sparkle to the bride and the sentiment that it making it stay up.  

The Cuts:
* Bride & Groom - Potpourri Basket (originally Wedding Solutions) 
* Love - Beyond Birthdays

As always, I love your comments.  I'll have another card up in a few days so be sure to check back! *~*Thanks for stopping by*~*

I'm linking this up to:

8 sparkly comments:

JulieK said...

Beautiful! I haven't tried an easel card yet!

Shelly said...

Very Pretty! I've wanted to try an easel card.... You did a great job. TFS!
Shelly

Tina said...

wow beautiful card..isnt this such a fun card to make...great first time card

Tina

Sandy S. (CraftyCreations) said...

Great card, absolutely beautiful! Look forward to seeing more of your creations. I found you through Made by Momo's blog followers post. Following now! =)

Sandy
http://thecraftycreationspot.blogspot.com/

Jae said...

This is such a pretty card! I am passing the BFB award to you! You can pick it up at my blog - http://craftyfulgardens.blogspot.com/
Jenn :)

TyTynNiyasmom said...

You did an great job on this card! So elegant and pretty. TFS

BLJ Graves Studio said...

Beautiful card! I have been meaning to try an easel card myself.

Arcy Scraps said...

Very elegant!

Post a Comment