Simple Masculine Birthday Card

Friday, December 23, 2011

Oh my did the holidays sneak up on me!  Things have been super busy in life in general.  I apologize (and thank them for not giving up on me) to all of my followers for not having the time to post more often.  I do have several Christmas cards/projects to post, so be watching for those soon.  Today I am posting a super simple (& Cricutless!) birthday card that I made for my wonderful dad.  I don't know about everyone else, but I have a hard time making masculine cards (I think it is my love of all things sparkly that gets in the way!).  I got the idea from a Christmas card I saw at Vicki at WizarHd's Hangout.

Here's how it is made:

Materials
* Card Base: 8.5" x 5.5"
* Chocolate Brown Mat: 3.75" x 5" (Paper Studio)
* Light Brown Mat: 3.5" x 4.75" (Creative Memories)
* Orange Polka Dots: 1" x 2.5" (Boxer Paper)
* Green Polka Dots: 1" x 2" (Boxer Paper)
* Blue Polka Dots: 1" x 1.5" (Boxer Paper)
* Scrap White Paper 3" x 2.5"

Steps
* Cut the card base and score in half.
* Cut Both Mats and glue to the card base.
* Cut each present piece and glue them, stacked on top of each to the scrap white paper.
* Tape the ribbon to the present piece and tie a bow.
* Glue the present to the card
* Stamp Happy Birthday ( from CTMH Celebrations with Momentos ink)

I wish the stamp would have stamped a bit better, but overall I think it turned out really well!  I'd love to hear your feed back of course.  I hope that everyone has a wonderful Christmas and a Happy New Year's! *~*Thanks for Stopping By*~*

3 sparkly comments:

Georgiana said...

Your dad is going to love this birthday card.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year,
Georgiana
Carson's Creations

Sherrie K. said...

Very nice Birthday card...your Dad is sure to love it! So glad to see you posting. I love your projects Tiffany! I hope you have a wonderful Christmas my friend!
Sherrie K
http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

scrappinC said...

Your Dad will love the card. I love the paper you used. Hope have a Happy New Year!
TFS!
Cindy Lou

Post a Comment