Here's how I did it:* Cut 2 stockings from Art Philosophy (you could use any cartridge or the die from Stampin' up) at w- 4" ,h- 5.25" (changed the width and height on my Gypsy)on any color cardstock (I used white so I could stamp on the back).
* Cut 1 stocking (same size) on designer paper.
* Cut stocking layers at w-3.32", h-5.5".
* Cut off the top of 1 cardstock stocking (this will be the back).
* Use a circle punch (I used the 3/4" Stampin' Up punch) to cut a half circle in the stocking you just cut the top off of. This will make it easier to get the gift card in and out.
* Put glue on just the edges (so the gift card can slide in and out)of the 2 cardstock stockings (one of which you cut and punched) and stick them together.
* Glue the stocking cut from designer paper on the front.
* Stamp your desired saying on the back (I chose "a gift for you" from Hero Arts - Holiday Sayings and "to:/from:" from Close to My Heart - Celebrations)
* Emboss the stocking layers (I used d'vine swirls) to give them texture.
* Glue the layers on the stocking (tip-put glue on the stocking part to avoid pressing the embossing back in).
* Punch a hole in top corner and set an eyelet (I used my crop-a-dile) to string a ribbon through.
* String a ribbon and tie a knot in it.
I used Art Philosophy (my new favorite cartrige!) for the stocking, but you could use any cartridge with a stocking cut or even a stocking die. These not only made cute gift card holders, but adorable ornaments too! I hung them I my tree until it was time to give them away. I hope you enjoy them as much as I do. I plan to post my other Christmas cards soon, so be sure to watch for them! *~*Thanks for stopping by*~*