Welcome to the Cupcake Birthday Blog Hop - where we are helping Sylvia celebrate her birthday using one of her favorite treats . We hope to inspire you with our sweet creations! You should have come here from Jessica at Chick-n-Scrap. If you just stopped by to visit my blog today, make sure that you go back to the beginning at Bella Scrapbook Designs. You don't want to miss any of the amazing projects or blog candy!
For my project I decided to make my very first shape card! I've been so excited to try one since I bought my Gypsy (which I absolutely love). I absolutely love cupcakes, so this theme is perfect for me :)
I started by welding the 2 cupcakes together on my Gypsy to form the card base. I sized them to fit in a 5.5" x 5.5" envelope Next, I cut out the top layer (hid the face) in pink for the icing. I also embossed it with the D'vine Swirls folder. For the cupcake wrapper, I cut some designer paper (from the $ spot at Target) into a 12" x 2" strip. Then, I accordion folded it and glued down the folds to give it a realistic pleated look. I stamped "Happy Birthday" with a stamp from a set my mom gave me (no clue what the brand is) in purple on the tag. I tied the ribbon around the wrapper and to the tag. Finally, it needed some sparkle. I used Studio G glitter (the polka dots on the paper were originally just a darker shade of purple - no glitter) and pink gemstones from The Paper Studio.
Cupcake - Create-a-Critter - Cut at 4.30"
Tag - Winter Frolic - Cut at 1.5"
Thank you so much for hopping with us today. Next up is Diana from Daisy Love Creations. She has something super scrumptious for you. Before you go don't forget to check out my blog candy at the bottom of this post!
Lost? Don't worry! Here is the whole line up:
* Sylvia- www.bellascrapbookdesigns.blogspot.com
* Sandra- www.365daysofcricut.blogspot.com
* Theresa- www.thescrapbookingqueen.com
* Giselle- www.crossmyheartpapercrafts.blogspot.com
* Bonnie- www.pinkbonbons.blogspot.com
* Sherrie- www.sherriescraps.blogspot.com
* Becka- www.creationswithbecka.blogspot.com
* Jenny- www.jennyplace26.blogspot.com
* Sandy S. www.thecraftycreationspot.blogspot.com
* Jessica- www.chick-n-scrap.blogspot.com ( Previous Stop )
* Tiffany- www.sparkledmemories.blogspot.com ( This is Me )
* Diana- www.daisylovecreations.blogspot.com ( Next Stop )
* Anita- www.anitaandbugs.blogspot.com
* Jazmin- www.Jazzyscards.blogspot.com
* Tami- www.tamboscreations.blogspot.com
* Lissi- www.littledetails-lissi.blogspot.com
* Coralyn- www.sweetlilscrapper.blogspot.com
What's a blog hop with out some sweet treats? I'm offering this blog candy to one lucky commenter. As usual, I tried to match our theme and find some yummy looking things. Of course there is some sparkle for you too! All you have to do is leave a comment on this post. You don't have to be a follower, but of course I would love it if you were :) Be sure to leave a way for me to contact you, in case you win! I will use random.org to choose a winner on Wednesday June 22nd. *~* Thanks for stopping by*~*
I'm linking this project up at: