Grandmother's Birthday Card - Triangle Tri-fold

Friday, June 10, 2011

Finally, I have the chance to post this card!  Normally it would be assumed that summer vacation would mean life is more relaxing and less busy.  It seems to work out the opposite way for me.  Although, I'm definitely not complaining - I love to stay busy! I made this card for my fabulous grandmother.  When I was growing up we lived just around the corner from my grandparents and spent time with them daily.  Then, when I was 10 we moved more than 500 miles away.  I get to see them about twice a year if I am lucky and miss them dearly! This is the first time I have made a card with this fold.  I followed a wonderful tutorial from Dawn at Do Stamping. If you haven't already, you should check her out!  She has lots of other amazing tutorials too :)  My grandmother loves butterflies and pink so I think this card will be perfect for her.
This card was so much fun to make.  The base is just pink card stock.  There are 2 triangle mats - one is shimmery pink made by The Paper Company and the other is a pattern paper by The Paper Studio.  The big butterfly (cut from Potpourri Basket - originally Home Accents at 2.25") is made of the shimmery paper and a pink velum (from Hobby Lobby).  The smaller butterflies (cut at 1", 1.25" & 1.5") are just made from the shimmer paper. All of the gems are by The Paper Studio and the ribbon is from Hobby Lobby.  I also embossed the front using the swiss dots folder in my Cuttlebug to give it some dimension.  "Happy Birthday" is from the greetings stamp set by TPC studio. As always, I'd love to hear your thoughts!  I find that the colors on my cards never show up as beautiful in my pictures.  If anyone has any tips for how I can make them better, I could use them.  I will hopefully have some Father's Day cards up soon.  Don't forget I'll be in the Birthday Cupcake blog hop, hosted by Sylvia at Bella Scrapbook Design on Monday, June 20th.  I will have some fantastic blog candy and I am sure others will too, so be sure to check back!  *~*Thanks for stopping by*~*

I linked this up at:

15 sparkly comments:

Georgiana said...

Beautiful card. I know your grandmother is going to LOVE it.

Missy said...

Soooo pretty, love the layered vellum!!!

Sentimental Scrapper said...

Beautiful card! Love the soft colors and your gorgeous butterfly! Thanks for joining the fun at My Craft Spot!

Kimberly

jennyplace2 said...

Such a pretty card..great colours and beautiful details! Thanks for joining in the fun at My Craft Spot.

Joy said...

So pretty!Love the matting, the shape of the card and the beautiful butterflies ! Thanks for playing along at My Craft Spot this week!
Joy

Trina said...

Beautiful Card. I love the delicate colors.

Kate said...

This is so pretty! The soft colours with the vellum are lovely together!
Thanks so much for playing along at My Craft Spot!
Kate
Small Bits of Paper

Sherrie K. said...

Just stunning! I love the pretty colors and the butterfly is beautiful! TFS!
Sherrie K
http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

Jens Craft Corner said...

I love your card. I have never seen the triangle card before. Great card! I love the colors and the butterflies are a nice added touch. Just adorable!

My Lil' Bits said...

Such a pretty card! Love the vellum. :)
Lisa

Patti Ross said...

Such a pretty card. Thanks so much for joining in on our challenge!

Patti Ross
www.pattilynncreations.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Beautiful Card:)

Stop by my blog for our Father's Day Blog Hop:)
Myself and a couple of others are giving away some fun Blog Candy:)
http://chatterscene-mom.blogspot.com

Karen said...

Oh my gosh Tiffany, this is pure and simply beauty at its best! :o) I adore everything about this, as I'm sure you already know. So elegant and gorgeous... she is going to treasure this heartfelt gift. I've yet to try this type of card, but I've watched a few of her tutorials. She's great! I'm excited to try this technique. :o) I hope your weekend is as sparkly beautiful as this gorgeous creation. :o)

Hugs and blessings!

Jessica Buffa said...

Tiffany, your card is absolutely stunning. I think the pictures are great. Keep doing what your doing!
:O)
Jessica

nu@scrappin said...

I love butterflies and pink also. What a beautiful card. Thanks for sharing.

Post a Comment