Father's Day Card

Saturday, June 18, 2011

So sorry for slacking on my posting lately.  Unfortunately, I've been a bit under the weather.  Therefore, I didn't get very much done at the beginning of the week. Good news is I'm feeling better :) and completed a few cards over the last few days. This is a Father's Day card I made.  It is for my wonderful father-in-law!
I just recently purchased a gypsy.  I've wanted to get one for a couple of months, but didn't want to put out the extra expense.  Then, I found one at Joann's for $89.  I decided I should get it because there was probably no way I was ever going to find a better deal!  My first projects were both Father's Day cards (the other one will be posted next week).  I used it to figure out what sizes to cut all of the pieces and to hide a few cuts.

This is a standard A2 size card.  The mat is 4" x 5.25" and embossed with the Swiss Dots folder.  The blue strips for water were cut at (I believe - I forgot to write it down) at 1.5", 1.75", and 2".  I used the Fiskars scallop border punch and embossed just the top one with D'vine Swirls to make them look like waves. The fishing pole is threaded with embroidery floss. On it I added a Stampin' Up brad to make it look like a reel. I also added a gem from The Paper Studio to the hook.  The fish is embossed with Tiny Bubbles.  Of course it needed a little more sparkle, so I added green stickles to the rod, "DAD" and fish.

The Cuts:
* Fishing Pole - Simply Charmed - Cut at 2.75"
* Fish - Create-a-Critter  (I liked this fish better) - Cut at 1"
* "DAD" - Pooh Font (marker and shadow marker- I hid the 
inside cuts on the shadow) - Cut at 1"

As always, I'd love to hear your comments.  Don't forget I will be in the Cupcake Birthday Blog Hop hosted by Sylvia at Bella Scrapbook Designs on Monday! There will be wonderful inspiration from some amazing ladies.  I will have blog candy to giveaway as I am sure others will too! I also have another card for Father's Day that I will upload next week, so be sure to check back!  *~*Thanks for stopping by*~*

I linked this project up at:

13 sparkly comments:

Unknown said...

Oh my what a super cute card!!!! You did a great job!!!! Love it!!!!

Patti said...

Great card! Do you just love your Gypsy??? I use mine all the time. I just love it and I am sure you will love yours as much as I do.

callahancountrybugs.blogspot.com

Sherrie K. said...

Great card!!
Please stop over to my blog, I have an award for you to pick up!
Sherrie K
http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

Dr Sonia S V said...

Tiffany this has come out so sweet
Cheers from Bangalore ,India
Dr Sonia S V
http://cardsandschoolprojects.blogspot.com

Flair Girl said...

LOVE the 'Sparkle In It'! Such a cute little fishy!

It's nice to be here and discover your blog! I'm your newest follower and I hope you'll be mine too!

Creative blessings, Brynn (flairandfrillscreativity.blogspot.com)

Karen said...

You got a gypsy! I'm as sparkly green as those letters! ;) I'm excited for you and you're right, that deal would be hard to top. The main reason I want one is to hide some cuts. I hope you're enjoying your new toy! This turned out great. I love all the embossing and especially love how you did the fishing pole. The thread and reel are fabulous. :o)

Hugs and blessings, my crafty friend!

Tambo said...

I love this x=card! I need to make up some fishing LO's of my husband and grandson. This would be perfect! Great job! tfs Tami
tambo1010atcomcastdotnet

Tambo's Creations

GiGi said...

What a darling card! I love the fish and glitter. Thanks for playing at WHimsical Wednesdays!

The Archiving Angel said...

This card is just too cute! Of course I love the sparkle & shine but that fishing pole is pretty sweet. Great touch with the brad on the reel. The embossing adds so much dimension & I love the waves made with the border punch.
Thanks for joining Whimsical Wednesday.
Your newest follower & design team member for W.W.
Sonia

Karen said...

Another note to tell you there's an award for you on my blog, my sweet crafty friend! :o) Thanks for being such an incredible blog buddy.

Hugs and blessings! :o)

Cindy Beland said...

WOW super Father's day card Tiffany!Awesome job with the fishing pole and the sweet little fish!Thanks so much for joining us at Whimsical Wednesday!!:)

HappyPlaceJen said...

Love the fishing card! And even though it's for your FIL, you still added some sparkle. Way to stay true to your style! :) Enjoy your new Gypsy!! ~Jen http://happyplaceforjen.blogspot.com/

Unknown said...

Hello Tiffinay! I am so sorry that I have not gotten to your earlier. My internet was down and could not comment. Your card is adorable. I love all the embossing and the colors. Thank you for playing along with us at Whimsical Wednesdays.

Post a Comment